Updates to Apps and MobBob parts soon!

Sorry I have not been posting much recently. I just moved to a new apartment and have only just recently┬ásetup my “lab” again. (The new space is much, much better!)

NewLab

Now that I’m settled into the new place, I’ll be doing app updates and designing new robots again. ­čśÇ

I have been working on some hardware updates to MobBob and I’ll post details (and STLs)┬ásoon!! Here’s a sneak peak of this update… This MobBob iteration has a┬áNexus 6 phone holder (Phablet!) and with a newly designed case for the Bluno Beetle to keep the wires hidden away and tidied up!

MobBob-Black1

MobBob-Black2MobBob-Black4MobBob-Black3

Tip for Bluno Connection Issues

I’ve just┬ábuilt a new MobBob, and I encountered some Bluno connection problems when testing/configuring this new MobBob.

What I found was that the app would sometimes have difficulty connecting to MobBob. And even after it manages to connect, the connection would be lost after one or two animations.

“Dana Hom” posted in the blog comments about a similar issue, so I thought I’d post how I solved it in case it’s helpful to other MobBob builders!

It turns out, the problems went away after I used the Bluno Beetle’s AT command “AT+SETTING=DEFAULT” (The DFRobot website has detailed instructions on how to do this:┬áLink)

I’m guessing that either the Bluno Bluetooth settings were never initialised properly during manufacture, or they got corrupted at some point before reaching me. This command seemed to correctly reset the Bluno’s bluetooth configuration.

Using that command seemed to fix the issues I was having. After doing that I was able to connect and had MobBob walking around my desk for about 10-15 minutes straight without any connection problems.

So, if you are having connection problems, give this a try!