I’ve spent this weekend working on the MobBob app. I still need to finish a few things and do more testing, but I’m hoping to have an updated app on Google Play soon, and also hope to have the first iOS version on the iTunes store as well.
Most of this weekend has been spent updating the code to use the latest versions of all libraries, and also updating the app to the latest version of Unity (5.4).
Things are looking good after the updates.
- OpenCV is now using OpenCV 3 and is working well
- Voice recognition seems to be working well
- Speech synthesis is working fine
- Regular Bluetooth connection is working well
- Bluetooth LE still seems unreliable when using Android 6. (It is working OK most of the time on Android 5.) I am continuing to look at this and am currently looking at redoing this code completely.
I’m hoping to have these maintenance updates completed soon. Then I’ll be working on extending the app. I have a lot of ideas for new functionality and interactions that I want to implement.
I’m excited to finally get an iOS version out soon (finally!). I know quite a few people have been asking for it, so I apologise for taking so long. The iOS version won’t have voice recognition initially, but the other features should be there.
I’m hoping to get these updates completed this week and will upload new versions to Google Play and hopefully also iTunes.